Friday, September 18

homecoming= student council's "hell week."

You may have heard this expression used before with football, swimming or soccer. Right now for the student council members, we are experiencing those same feelings but in a very different way. Your fellow peers judge you on your performance, not only the coach. Instead of running from line to line we are hustling from hall to hall or school to wal-mart for our last minute necessities. As many of you may know, it is homecoming week at the high school. A student council members, worst nightmare.
We have gotten through half the week fairly well. Here is an evaluation of our weekly duties:
Homecoming pageant: This event turned out phenominal. The stage decorations looked like they could have been done by a proffessional. I sat out in the audience, and I personally enjoyed it. I don't know about every one else, but I thought it was a success. The skits were entertaining and the winners were adorable everyday high school students.
Homecoming pep rally: now i don' t think this one went quite as well, though it did turn out to be a fun break from class. Watching the football players flirtatiously hug thier mothers was brilliant. As for the competitions.. I think we could have brought a little more 'pep' into our rally. But everything is a learning experience.
Now, today (friday) I am under the gun. I signed up to be a part of the dance committee. As a result I am not planning on going home until close to one o'clock in the morning. Horrid i know. but someone has to do it. I am hoping and praying that I can cross the finish line, with out making a fool out of myself. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment