Monday, November 2

meet: hunger.

No. Life for me just never slows down. I never get a break from the endless responsibility. Though, I like it that way. (As you can see, no sane person who wants a social life would sign up for student council.) But sometimes the river of life eases just a bit, the current never stops.. but it does slow. I like to take advantage of these times to throw in a couple of good books. As I have said before I am an avid reader. I love the adventure of living someone elses dream life. Secretly hoping that one day I will have a fairy tale (or even average) story line.



My latest exploit, probably does not come as a surprise to most. The Hunger Games. The latest sensation around Pleasant Grove Highs campus. I just had to fall into line with everyone else and try out this new novel; see if it was as great as I had heard. I love it. it only came out last fall, only to find it is a teen hit and will soon be made into a movie. I have borrowed it from a friend and I am desperate to get my hands on the second book.



here is a quick summary I have found on line:

The story takes place in a post-apocalyptic America that has been divided into 12 districts and is run by the Capitol. Each year the Capitol holds a survival game called the Hunger Games. Each of the 12 districts must choose a teenage boy and girl to fight to the death - and there can be only one winner.



Of course a summary cannot show the intricate detail in this thrilling tale. But I highly encourage this read for anyone who wants a book to engulf themselves in.

enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment