Monday, February 7

angel of music.

ever seen the phantom? its a good one.
so good I am going to see it 3 nights in a row.. and maybe more.

I've been wanting to decorate a wall in my room with a neat collage and I finally found it.
sheet music.

**(sorry for the bad pictures, taken with the phone.)
first step: measure it. (this was hard, considering my mathematical ability.. but you can do it.)
i used push pins and yarn to make my lines straight.

step two: distress edges. sorry I don't have a picture.. but i just took my old sheet music (from etsy, it's really cheap!) and covered the edges with brown chalk to enhance the aged look I was going for.

Step 3: tack up your papers. I did it brick style, with mounting squares found at maceys. of course, start from the inside out, so that you are even.
Step four: take off the yarn and enjoy! I put my artwork up so that the paper looked like a scrapbook page almost.
I love the way this turned out and I am determined to fill those little cubbies with vintage books and odds and ends. too bad I have to leave in six months.

I also thought about doing a black and white picture collage with artwork on top, a wall of old mirrors or an empty frame gallery.. this is the one I decided, but I think they all would be so cute!

3 comments: