Tuesday, January 12

hello? [hello, hello, hello, hello.]

yes people. I understand that my blog has been dormant for quite some time. I apologize, if that is truly what you are seeking.

its 2010.
interesting.
how about some resolutions?
lets make this official.

The big [four] resolutions of Kati Briggs
beginning on the day of January 1st in the year 2010.

1. [Budget. ]
I have a job, so maybe i should really start keeping track of where that money is going and exactly how much i have to spend. Therefore, becoming better at paying tithing.
2. [weekly temple attendance.]
I may have to build up to this one. It has been a goal for a long time, but now that it is written down for the world to see.. maybe I will be more successful.
3. [Be more thoughtful.]
Apparently this just doesn't come naturally to me. I see others bringing people cookies, or just spotting someone who is having a bad day. or even just making a note to mention someones birthday. I seek ambitiously to be as these people.
4. [finish the book of mormon.]
I have just recently finished the book of mormon, allowing me to be involved in our young women BOM retreat. Yet, I read it very quickly and didn't quite stop to think about applying it. By the end, I was really enjoying the history of it all. So this year I am going to read it in its entirety, while pondering and understanding.

what is a resolution anyway? Don't worry, I looked it up just for you:
res⋅o⋅lu⋅tion [rez-uh-loo-shuhn]
-a formal expression of opinion or intention made
-the mental state or quality of being resolved or resolute; firmness of purpose.

So there you have it. my formal, resolute intentions.

and now for the good part.

The aspirations of 2010.
by: Kati Briggs.

-learn as many beatles songs as possible.
-run for student body president.
-ride a dinosaur.
-care for a pet cricket.
-have a summer romance.
-write some missionaries.
-apparate.
-make a tree house.
-road trip. road trip.
-sleep over at BYU.
-have a missionary experience.
-pull an all-nighter.
-kick some softball butt.
-reinact the mr. fredricksen scene from 'up.'
-dress up.
-become closer to my brothers.
-meet a new friend everywhere i travel.
-light a firework.... in my hand.
-go through the cemetary at night.
-find a leprechaun.
-move, already.
-dance in the rain.
-take insane photos.
-go to the midnight showing of HP.
(with our shirts of course.)
-read 100+ books.

High aspirations usually make life more enjoyable.


cheers 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment